Design & Consultation
APT designs solutions and builds relationships. Our commitment to the long term needs of our clients often leads to strategic planning for multiple systems deployed over timeframes that are years in scope.
During the design process we work closely with architects and designers, asking the right questions, to ensure that the systems are smoothly integrated into the facility to provide high quality performance with pleasing visual asthetics.
Whether designing a performance arts center or an integrated communications system deployed over a network, we have the experience, knowledge and passion to design state of the art systems, providing elegant solutions that are efficient and cost effective.
Some examples of our local design and consultation projects include:
- Leander ISD: Designed and implemented numerous sound systems for the fine arts venues and athletic facilities at district high schools.
- Internal Revenue Service: Designed and implemented a massive warehouse and loading dock sound system for the IRS Southwest Service Center in Austin, TX.
- Leander ISD: Designed and implemented the Integrated Intercom, Paging and Clock systems district-wide.
- Pflugerville ISD: Designed and implemented band hall performance and sound recording systems.
- Austin ISD: Designed and implemented sound reinforcement systems at Nelson Field Football Stadium Complex, The Burger Center Football Stadium and Complex, and the House Park Football Complex.
- McCoy’s: Designed and implemented the sound masking system at McCoy’s national headquarters in San Marcos, TX.
- Citizen’s Insurance Company: Designed and implemented the Public Address and Background Music systems for Citizen’s corporate world headquarters, as well as video presentation systems for multiple conference rooms.
- Dell: Designed and implemented two usability studios. The interaction of the subject with the test material was available to staff in real time and their work stations via a live audio/video stream. This allowed all interested parties to have real time access to the testing and eliminated a crowd of people in the control room during tests.
- Mueller Airport and Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA): Designed and implemented the Emergency Ring Down System that allows airport towers to communicate with the crew inside the Air Fire and Rescue building, as well as various other location on and off airport grounds. An array of speakers and microphones allow the AFR crews to speak hands-free with the tower while they gear up and move to the trucks.
- IBM: Designed and implemented a hands-free intercommunications systems for clean room manufacturing areas.
- Texas Instruments: Designed and implemented a system to encrypt cell phone conversations.
- Exxon: Designed and implemented a system to encrypt walk-talkie communications for drilling and production platforms.
- Brazosport College: Designed and provided budgetary information for network-based paging and mass notification systems. The system was designed to serve a diverse variety of environments requiring more than 50 discreet sound systems distributed over and controlled by the LAN.
- Austin ISD Southwest Elementary School: Designed sound systems for the Cafetorium and Gymnasium. Contracted by Page Southerland Page and Austin ISD to provide design documents for the bid process.
- First Christian Church of San Marcos: Designed and implemented a high-end distributed sound system for the sanctuary.